Patient Care Tech II PCU Medical Full Time Nights
Our fast-paced, 92-bed Progressive Care Unit relies on a team approach to offer patient-centered care in keeping with our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Nurses with excellent organization, communication and cardiac rhythm interpretation skills are needed to provide concentrated care in a 1:5 nurse to patient ratio for adult and geriatric patients with potentially life-threatening conditions. One year of experience in a progressive care setting is required; BLS with ACLS certification is preferred.
- Documentation, Monitoring, Hygiene, Procedures, Daily inventory
- Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times
- Performs basic patient care unit routines including but not limited to the following: obtain and document vital signs (temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations), pass ice water every 4 hours, keep patient rooms stocked with gloves, replace unit sharp containers per policy, keep patient rooms in a reasonably clean and appropriate condition, keep patient bedside trays within a safe reach at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability in communicating and providing basic care to the patients in a caring, compassionate manner to accomplish quality patient care outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Respond to patients request and needs in a timely manner.
- Maintain a positive courteous, compassionate attitude with all Patient/Visitors/Staff and Physicians interactions/encounters.
- Inform Patient with plan of care task and activity that will be carried out.
- Maintain Patient satisfaction by providing and maintaining personal care/needs
- Assists in proper care and maintenance with the use of all unit and patient care equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge & competence in the use of restraints, the application of restraints and the required monitoring & care of the patient in restraints.What you will need:
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent is required.
- Current State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant/Nursing Assistant Certificate or a Patient Care Technician certificate.
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support Card.