Certified Surgical Tech Full Time Days $5000 Sign On Bonus Wesley Chapel
Req #: 18002082
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
You will be responsible for:
- Participates with the professional nurse in planning for and preparing for surgical procedures in the assigned areas.
- Sets up sterile instruments and supplies and assists the surgeon with instruments, sutures and supplies during the course of surgery.
- Observes and reports to the professional nurse pertinent observations, sterile technique, the patient’s physical condition and doctors’ needs.
- Assists in providing a safe, clean and comfortable environment for patients.
- Demonstrates initiative by performing other functions such as cleaning the room, including the floor, between surgeries.
- Responsible for watching and protecting sterile items and for staying in the assigned sterile area and keeping unsterile people and unsterile objects from contaminating sterile area or self.
- Maintains proper position during all cases so as not to contaminate self and supplies or hamper progress of the surgery.
- Assists in training new OR personnel, as requested.
- Directly responsible for appropriate use of department equipment and supplies required in standard care of patients. Prudent use of equipment, supplies, time and personnel will prevent monetary loss or damage to resources that could be minimal or substantial.
- Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
- Participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you need:
- Associate’s Degree in related field
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology.
- Four hours of Hip & Knee replacement surgery education required annually
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as a scrub technician in a multi-specialty setting (Preferred)
- At least 1 year recent endoscopy experience (Preferred)
- Current BLS required upon hire
- Current Operating Room Technician Certification required within six (6) months of hire. (CST)