Registered Nurse (RN) Electrophysiology Cath Lab
Req #: 18002077
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
The Staff RN practices as a professional nurse within the limits of the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Circulates and scrubs on all types of cardiac catheter cases, utilizing skills, knowledge and nursing process to ensure the quality of care provided in harmony with the philosophy, goals and policies of the nursing department and hospital administration.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides for safe care in the Cath Lab by continuous patient assessment to ensure quality care.
- Completes a pre-op check of each chart before case for completed consent, lab work, history and physical, identifies with the patient the type of procedure, and checks the ID band and allergies of patient as shown on nursing record.
- Assists with positioning the patient for case with proper alignment and padding, maintain patient's privacy and ensure patient is clean, dry and warm before transporting in a safe manner.
- Monitors patients having local anesthesia according to policy and procedure as shown by nursing record.
- Recognizes potential emergency/life threatening situations and initiates appropriate action as shown on record of patient with problem.
- Administers medication in accordance with hospital policy with minimal variance.
- Interprets rhythm strips completely and accurately.
- Operates physiologic monitoring computer competently as evidenced by complete documentation in procedure report.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and accurately operates radiologic monitoring and recording systems for cardiac catheter procedures.
- When applicable, follows hospital protocol and physician orders regarding use of restraints.
- Demonstrates competence and knowledge of aseptic techniques and surgical procedures to ensure a safe environment free from infection.
- Maintains aseptic technique by observation of case procedure and following of policies. Inconsistencies reported to nurse director if unable to correct.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the use of instruments and equipment necessary for a procedure.
- Uses correct technique when doing preps.
- Is alert to the progression of case and maintains communication with the nursing units as necessary.
- Keeps records of charges by documenting supplies used on charge sheet, stamped with patients name and hospital number.
- Demonstrates competent communication of pertinent patient information to ensure appropriate documentation and communication with staff and physicians.
- Documents accurately on each case, completing the charting prior to starting another case.
- Reports and documents all incidents within 24 hours.
- Communicates patient's condition to nursing unit upon their receiving the patient.
- Gives an accurate oral report when being relieved of duty.
- Communicates effectively and frequently with team members to share information and solve problems with positive results.
- Follows chain of command when communicating areas of questions.
- Remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrated quality and effectiveness in work habits and treat staff, physicians, patients and families with consideration and respect.
- Understands the Computerized Physician Order Entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record for retrieval of patient information.
- Understands computer downtime procedures.
- Monitors Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results.
- Performs all duties relating to Real Time Scanning accurately and efficiently.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED:
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing.
- Current licensure in the state of Texas or in a qualifying compact State.
- Experience in electrophysiology laboratory, or EP lab or catheterization laboratory (cath lab)
- BLS and ACLS required.