Cath Lab Tech
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
You will be responsible for:
- Assists with various patient and non-patient duties related to procedures and room turnover.
- Assists with transport of patients to and from the Cath Lab and the various units.
- Assists with transfer of patient on and off of the procedure table providing for patient safety and privacy.
- Correctly performs patient identification using name and birth date prior to bringing patient to Cath Lab.
- Assists with preparing the patient for the procedure.
- Places EKG electrodes and lead wires properly.
- Places BP cuff and O2 sat sensor properly.
- Assists with patient positioning and comfort.
- Assists with room cleaning and trash removal between cases.
- Assists with additional patient care duties with discretion of the Cath Lab manager, after demonstrating competency and under the supervision of Cath Lab staff and manager.
- Facilitates the functioning of the Cath Lab by assisting with various clerical and non-patient care related duties.
- Answers the phone in a courteous manner using name and location.
- Schedules procedures appropriately in schedule book providing accurate, complete, legible information and facilitates the sending out of the Cath Lab schedule at the end of the day.
- Assists with printing and organizing H & P’s for the current day’s and future scheduled cases.
- Assists with organizing and inputting patient charges, and verifying in schedule book.
- Stocks procedure areas and holding area, and reports low level or depleted items to be ordered. Assists with maintaining and organizing of inventory of all specialty supplies.
- Maintains neat and organized appearance of front desk and holding area as well as general Cath Lab areas, with supplies and equipment in the appropriate place and removal of extra beds, stretchers and equipment.
- Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrated quality and effectiveness in work habits and treats staff, physicians, patients and families with consideration and respect.
- Understands the Computerized Physician Order Entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record for retrieval of patient information.
- Understands computer downtime procedures.
- Monitors Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results.
- Performs all duties relating to Real Time Scanning accurately and efficiently.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous patient care/clinical experience preferred.
- BLS required.