Unit Secretary (Diebetes Dept.) PT/Day
Req #: 17012095
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Administrative
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills and Dade City
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
You will be responsible for:
- Able to communicate effectively and organize daily activities.
- Ability to work with people of various backgrounds.
- Ability to work under stress and deadlines.
- Must understand social media
- Experience with scheduling programs is a plus.
- Performs general office/clerical duties for department.
- Assists department head and other management in compiling data, preparing and organizing information.
- Maintains physician referral log records for the year.
- Greets department visitors, screens and forwards calls for manager and other staff.
- Schedules patient classes, creates FIN numbers and enters patient data in computer.
- Calls patients promptly when receives referrals and mails out registration/information packets to registered patients.
- Orders and maintains supplies for department within budget guidelines, interacts with department staff to meet needs of area.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Sends letters to patients and their physicians promptly when unable to contact by phone.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of patient/physician/personnel information.
- Tracks and maintains inventory items.
- Generates/formalizes documents related to department projects.
- Prepares check requests for department
- Maintains accurate patient records in computer including prompt close out of records at end of the month.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean
What will you need:
- Current CPR/BLS/AED First Aid
- Demonstrate Strong Organizational Skills
- General Office and Computer Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Must be proficient with computer programs (Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Power Point
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two or More Years of Experience in Customer Service, Sale or Marketing