Environmental Services Technician FT Evenings
Full Time Evenings
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
- Ensures a safe, clean and well-maintained facility on a daily basis. Travels to assigned areas and responds to overhead announcements, two-way radio communication, and/or the use of a pager.
- Performs assigned floor care, i.e. dust mopping, damp mopping, scrubbing, striping and recoating, spray buffing and carpet shampooing. Responsible for assigned floors, including stairways and elevators. Cleans and maintains floor and carpet care equipment.
- Cleans patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas. Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment. Maintains an appropriate level of knowledge relating to matters of sanitation, use of disinfectants, and reports any hazardous situations, and responds to any hazards and emergency situations.
- Participates in all emergency programs or situations as required, and performs all duties as requested. Attends all departmental in-services as scheduled, actively plans and contributes to the department activities as requested.
- Moves equipment, furniture for cleaning, and relocation of offices. Helps with set-up for special functions as needed.
- Documents all work that has been performed.
- Maintains age specific precautions including. Cleaning carts will not be left unattended. Environmental Services closets will remain locked at all times. Keep hallways and pathways clear of debris, cleaning equipment and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 months Environmental Services experience is needed
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English
- Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets, product labels, various reports and do simple arithmetic
- Must be able to follow oral, written assignments and have full knowledge of basic environmental duties