Director Home Health FT Days
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Reports directly to the Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer and is responsible for operational management of the assigned departments.
- Sets the strategic vision and works with departments leadership to ensure high quality, timely and efficient, fiscally responsible patient care.
- Ensures all department care and activities comply with hospital and outside regulatory agency standards, and monitors supply levels, equipment maintenance and budget levels.
- Ensures proper workflow and departmental productivity, adjusting staffing levels as required.
- Brings ideas, concerns and issues to the attention of the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Acts as the primary hospital representative for the departments.
- Works with Corporate and Regional initiatives related to services provided.
- Creates a strategic and operational department plan to achieve the mission and vision of the departments: Home Care Medicare Certified Agency, Private Duty Agency, Special Transport, In-patient Rehab Services, The Rehab. Institute and The Wound Care Center.
- Understands the hospital goals and objectives and develops department plans, complete with long and short term objectives.
- Responsible for oversight of Home Care entities and Therapist Managers who are responsible for planning organizing, directing, evaluating and controlling the functions of all disciplines.
- Observes staff in performance of duties to evaluate efficiency, skill, abilities, and attitudes toward co-workers and patients for use in recommended personnel actions and to determine the effectiveness of methods.
- Monitors staff for compliance of department policies and procedures. Ensures ongoing compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining departmental operational budget. Maintains financial records and expenditures for supplies and equipment.
- Professional Registered Nurse currently licensed in the state of Florida
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of five to seven years of previous management experience in home health care related field required
- Knowledgeable of ACHA, Medicare, Medicaid and TJC guidelines
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related healthcare field preferred
- Certification in Home Health Nursing Administration preferred