Registered Nurse Med/Surg Pediatrics Full Time Nights $2,500 Sign On Bonus
Req #: 18002265
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $2500
Full Time - Nights
**Please attach your updated and FULL experience resume to application**
**Please also attach your American Heart Association BLS card to application**
Florida Hospital Heartland
With three campuses serving communities in Sebring, Lake Placid and Wauchula, Florida Hospital is committed to providing premier health care services to the entire Heartland of Florida. Our philosophy of combining advanced medicine with hometown care makes our hospital the community’s first choice for healing.
Since our first hospital opened more than 60 years ago, we’ve steadily grown our facilities and capabilities to meet the growing needs of our community. We offer a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient services and welcome you to learn more about our convenient, cutting-edge care.
You will be responsible for:
- Performs assessments and determines the total nursing needs of assigned patients.
- Assesses patient/family needs in relation to presenting problem, care needs, physical condition and learning needs.
- Performs head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy
- Identifies problems and or/or nursing diagnosis and plans for nursing interventions.
- Anticipates patient care problems and initiates corrective actions.
- Recognizes abnormal diagnostic laboratory data, drug levels, blood gas values, radiologic data and knows the significance of each.
- Recognizes the patient’s and family’s perception of hospitalization and health status.
- Identifies the patient’s learning needs and implement appropriate measures to meet them including the family in the process. Educates patient/families regarding new medications including effects and potential side effects.
- Formulates a goal directed plan of care and develops appropriate nursing diagnosis based on needs specific to the standard of care and updates according to policy.
- Implements appropriate diagnosis specific interdisciplinary plan of care (IPOC).
- Coordinates patient care to assure diagnosis specific quality measures are met.
- Accurately performs nursing actions to achieve patient care goals.
- Establishes priorities of patient care based on the needs of the patient.
- Implements a comprehensive patient care plan that includes baseline admission data, plans for treatment plans and goals for discharge.
- Implements specific interventions, treatments, and medications as defined in the plan of care and documents outcomes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and takes appropriate actions.
- Consistently uses tools available in the electronic medical record (EMR) to ensure patient safety and to optimize patient care:
- Performs real-time documentation
- Reviews chart for new or pending orders and tasks at least every two hours. Initiates and signs off physician orders promptly.
- Performs bedside report using the Care Compass feature in the EMR at each hand-off report.
- Complies with national patient safety standards regarding patient identification prior to treatments and medication administration.
- Accurately administers all medications in a safe manner displaying competence in the use of an automated dispensing machine and mPPID technology where applicable.
- Accurately and safely performs and supervises the care of patients requiring complex interventions.
- Maintains aseptic technique, demonstrating knowledge of infection control practices.
- Accurately sets up, maintains, monitors and supervises use of IV pump, PCA pump, and epidural pump.
- Maintains a safe environment within the hospital for patients and families. Performs rounding according to the departmental plan on assigned patients to ensure control of pain, patient positioning, toileting and convenient placement of supplies and equipment.
- Incorporates new procedures and philosophies into one’s work performance.
- Evaluates quality of patient care and outcomes based on care and treatments administered.
- Conducts and/or participates in multidisciplinary patient care conferences.
- Coordinates the activities of the interdisciplinary team.
- Confirms patient’s understanding of care and treatments received.
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own professional standards.
- Accepts and adjusts to changes imposed by government regulations, consumer demands, professional organizations, and other external/internal forces.
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions by initiating the risk report mechanisms.
- Maintains current clinical, technical, professional competencies, certifications and licensure requirements.
- Attends a minimum of 8 scheduled staff meetings annually.
- Attends mandatory hospital in-services annually.
- Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
- Copes with emergencies, staffing shortages, shift rotations and floating assignments.
- Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of health care and implements budgetary containment measures.
- Maintains equipment in its proper working condition identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
- Reviews current literature and other available resources
- Seeks and accept constructive criticism and implement actions designed for self-improvement
- Shows self-direction and leadership by functioning without the need for close supervision
- Other duties as assigned
What will you need:
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
- Previous healthcare experience (Preferred)
- Previous experience in designated department (Preferred)
- Current Florida RN License
- BLS – condition of employment