Nurse Manager Progressive Care Unit FT
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients
. Our 139-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for day to day operations including staffing and patient flow in the assigned units, under the direction of the Director.
· Maintain clinical competencies and must be able to assist as needed at the bedside.
· Ensures a positive Patient Experience through the use of the tools provided (i.e. Bedside Shift Report, Hourly Rounding, Nurse Leader Rounding, Interdisciplinary Team Rounding, use of Key Words) by the staff.
· Plans, designs, directs, integrates, and coordinates the nursing care for their respective service, inclusive of specific age groups dependent on the service standard of care.
· Incumbent in the position are the leadership responsibilities for providing collaborative processes to facilitate development of the hospital’s mission, vision and values within the department.
· Assists the Administrative Director and Chief Nursing Officer with strategic planning and operational plans, service designs, resource allocation and organizational policies.
· Provides leadership for patient care and support services, communicates objectives, and coordinates efforts to integrate these services throughout the hospital.
· Improves performance by establishing expectations, plans and priorities; manages performance improvement processes within the department and implements processes to measure, assess and improve the performance of management, clinical and support processes.
· Teaches and coaches staff and Clinical Coordinators to improve skills and knowledge.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must have excellent customer service/ communication skills
· Must have the ability to develop outstanding rapport and work well with the physicians & staff
· Ability to communicate effectively and present information to both large and small groups
· Computer knowledge and skills, prior experience with an Electronic Health Record
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Knowledge of regulatory standards ( Joint Commission, OSHA, Specialty Standards) strongly preferred
· Cerner medical record experienced
· Nurse Management/Nurse Leader Certification
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· BSN degree required, or in school pursuing the degree
· Two or more years of recent experience in a relevant unit (same or higher acuity of care as unit pursuing)
· Charge experience, lead, clinical coordinator or nurse manager experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· MSN or Masters in Health Administration or related fiel
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· State of Florida license as Registered Nurse with clear/active status
· Current BLS certification
· Current ACLS certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· LEAN Leadership Certification completion within two years – provided by the hospital