Biomedical Engineer Manager FT Days
Full time, Days
Full time, Days
40 Hours per Week
40 Hours per Week
Shawnee Mission Health
- Appropriately inspects, surveys, and evaluates assigned areas to ensure compliance with applicable safety and occupational standards and regulations.
- Reviews repairs, installations, maintenance, calibration, and inspection of medical equipment and instrumentation, including life-support equipment.
- Document repair tickets from third party vendors.
- Assist with and evaluate third-party repairs.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Review outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff.
- Communicate with department managers and team members on equipment repairs and status.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of Joint Commission and other applicable standards and regulations.
- Run diagnostic programs.
- Interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and illustrated parts drawings of biomedical instrumentation.
- Maintain accurate records of repairs, calibration, and tests.
- Uses basic anatomy and physiology knowledge as it applies to use of biomedical equipment.
- Uses color code conventions in component and wiring marking.
- Uses application and repair of computers/servers and how they interface with medical equipment.
- Supervise, direct, evaluate, and delegate work and responsibilities to biomedical personnel.
- Plan, organize, and implement policies and procedures
- Reviews plans and specifications for new construction, major building alterations, and/or changes in equipment and monitors project through completion to ensure compliance with safety codes and standards.
- Properly prepares formal training materials, effectively trains/instructs personnel, and accurately maintains course records.
- Performs assigned tasks with efficiency despite repetitiveness and interruptions during scheduled work shift as noted by supervisor.
- Assigns and checks work of the biomedical technician.
- Manages maintenance costs and organizes outside service calls.
- Coordinates outside service repairs for medical equipment.
- Follows up on service provided by outside companies.
- Manages maintenance costs for medical equipment.
- Ensures that equipment is repaired by outside service in a timely manner.
- Must be responsible for job quality and quantity including adherence to policies and procedures, accuracy, appearance of area and work completed.
- Ensures all information concerning repairs and preventative maintenance are recorded in equipment maintenance file. Ensures prompt repairs to equipment or reports problems to Director.
- Ensures scheduled safety checks on biomedical equipment are performed, and any problems found are recorded and repaired or equipment removed from service if it cannot be repaired immediately.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance reports are filled out and filed neatly and legibly, and makes needed changes as required.
- Makes changes on maintenance schedules regularly to comply with regulatory agencies.
- Uses proper care and protection when handling hazardous chemicals or gases.
- Maintains Alternative Equipment Maintenance logs and procedures on medical equipment.
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 5+ Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- Certified Radiology Equipment Specialist (CRES) Preferred