Senior Financial Analyst Full Time Day
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
- Provide and Develop Profitability, ProForma statements and Product-line analysis
- Perform Financial modeling, Forecasting and Ad-hoc analysis to assist department heads and Administrative Team
- Direct involvement with the coordination, preparation and training for Budgeting
- Direct involvement with budget to actual variance analysis and reporting
- Provide analytical review of month end reporting and other ad-hoc reports/projects
- Generate and assist with Daily, Weekly & Monthly financial analysis and reports
- Provide Productivity analysis
- Work in conjunction with Finance team to maintain Cost Accounting system
- Assist Market Finance Manager, Market Controller and local facility financial management with a wide variety of special projects as assigned within time constraints
- Develop statistical, cost, reimbursement, and operational studies using various Decision Support tools and the hospital financial system.
- Assist with development and implementation of Corporate initiatives.
- Works in conjunction with department directors to answer questions relating to operational and financial reports.
- Prepare or Provide assistance with semi-annual Medicare Interim Reimbursement form, annual Cost Report, AHCA, Census, and other surveys
- Contribute to improvements in processes, policies and procedures
- Assist Market Finance Manager with overall training of Finance Team
- Other projects as assigned
- Computer proficiency and intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate results of analysis and present to both financial and non-financial leaders
- Mature judgment is required in dealing with new and unexpected situations as they arise
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college
- 3 to 5 years related analytical experience
- 2 years related experience in budget development and analysis of budget results
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university preferred
- Three to five years related experience in a health care environment preferred
- Experience in PeopleSoft ERP integrated environment, HPM, HBI or other McKesson reporting tools and budget software preferred