RN Cardiology Clinic Relief Days
Req #: 18002409
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time, Days
40 Hours per Week
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.
You will be responsible for:
- Provides nursing care to patients and assists with patient education, under the direction of the Practice Manager/Clinical Supervisor.
- Assists provider during treatment and examination of patient and administers procedures and treatments as directed by the Provider.
- Handles the triage of patient calls including prescription refills according to refill protocols.
- Maneuvers in the patient E.H.R. and documents all patient encounters appropriately.
- Act as an example, and a resource for the other clinical staff members, and should request reasonable assistance from these co-workers.
- Utilizes computer/computer software for pertinent patient documentation and provides documentation to patient as needed (i.e. patient plan).
- Possesses strong customer service skills.
What will you need?
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred