Monitor/Telemetry Tech Full Time Days
Req #: 18002383
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills and Dade City
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients
. Our 139-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
You will be responsible for:
- Observes monitors closely. Informs Registered Nurse of changes and records changes as they occur.
- Posts, analyses, and documents strips every 8 hours and PRN.
- Uses pager system and nurse call system competently.
- Keeps patient log up to date including admissions, transfers, non-telemetry, discharge and vacant bed status.
- 5.Follows Hospital Policy on confidentiality concerning patients charts and information obtained.
- Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
What will you need:
- Must pass hospital EKG proficiency exam
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- High Scholl Diploma or equivalent
- CPR Certification within 90 days of hire.
- Completion of EKG Course Preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills Preferred
- Basic computer skills Preferred
- Word Processing Preferred