Environmental Services Manager
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients
. Our 139-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, patient areas, and public spaces.
- Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of patient satisfaction.
- Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
- Conduct pre-event inspections of all rooms, public areas.
- Responsible for budgetary planning, and financial performance of the department. Manage the existing Housekeeping budget (741) and the Laundry budget (760) and develop the next year’s annual budget for approval.
- Responsible for staff management including recruitment, retention, interviewing, hiring, evaluation, disciplining, performance management and documentation.
- Determines and maintains the department work schedule used to notify staff of upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Assist in development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures and standard of work.
- Maintains a good relationship with other departments.
- Monitor linen usage and statistics to assure adequate Quality and Quantity is provided.
- Oversees the hospital waste streams i.e Regular, Biomedical, Pharmacy, Hazardous, Recycled, and Confidential and assures that proper disposal is being followed.
- Prepares, completes and reviews a variety of complex and comprehensive hospital reports i.e. Vision Ware, Destiny, DOR’S, Brassware etc.
What will you need:
- Joint Commission, Federal, State and Local laws, Regulations and codes pertaining to BioHazardous and Infectious Waste Management.
- Environmental issues and concerns related to solid, hazardous and recoverable waste collection and disposal.
- Techniques and programs for Environmental Cleaning such as Floor Maintain ace, Carpet Maintenance, Isolation, Facility-wide cleaning, Scheduling, Infection Control and chemicals.
- Adequate knowledge and competence with the computer system.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) minimum. College degree preferred.
- Previous Manager or Supervisory Experience (Preferred)
A minimum of 2-5 years Healthcare Environmental Services experience or functional equivalence of Healthcare experience with knowledge of Environmental Services standards, goals and techniques.