Registered Nuse Intensive Care Unit FT Nights
Req #: 18002426
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills and Dade City
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time Nights
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
You will be responsible for:
- The Critical Care RN will display proficient clinical critical care skills and critical thinking skills with strong communication skills. Basic computer skills and commitment to hourly patient rounding required
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality care to the patient.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations with the assistance of health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration, and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Completes documentation per organizational policy.
- Ensures safe and efficient use of equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions and following procedures for repair.
- Responds with confidence and adapts to rapidly changing patient conditions.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and efficient during stressful situations.
- Assists department management in developing and implementing new and evidence-based standards of care for the critically ill patient.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of ACLS and Critical Care policies and procedures
What will you need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current American Heart Association BLS certificationAmerican Heart Association ACLS certification within 90 days of hire
- NIHSS stroke certification within 30 days of hire
- Current Florida state Registered Nurse licensure
- BSN and/or MSN
- 2-4 years relevant clinical nurse experience preferred
- PCU or Critical Care National Certification