PCT Tech/HUC M/S Medical Unit Telemetry Full Time Nights
Req #: 18002445
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Flagler
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time / Nights
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
You will be responsible for:
- When in the PCT role: Documents vital signs, intake and outputs and patient activity. Demonstrates competency in the application and care of a patient in restraints. Notifies RN of problem IV’s, discontinues peripheral IV sites. Obtains blood glucose readings, vital signs, administers soap and water enemas and am/pm care as delegated by RN. Responsible for documenting Intake and Output. Completes treatments, procedures and documentation as directed by licensed nurse. Reports any changes in patient condition or abnormal findings immediately to the appropriate personnel.
- When in the HUC role: Monitors all cardiac rhythms on assigned unit. Recognizes abnormal rhythms/arrhythmia and takes appropriate action. Assures accurate location of patients within the computer system. Answers all call lights for patients as well as incoming phone calls. Places phone calls to other departments and physician offices. Performs all others tasks as assigned.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary health care team. Performs as a team member in administering safe and effective patient care. Protects the rights of all patients; maintains confidentiality of all patient-related information. Demonstrates competency in all procedures and duties within scope of practice.
- Completes annual basic arrhythmia interpretation and utilization of monitoring equipment.
- Accepts reassignment in a professional and cooperative manner. Exhibits SHARE values and skills in all interpersonal contacts. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with customers and populations served.
- Supports departmental and organizational Mission through the appropriate use of resources, providing assistance to team members, accepting work or schedule assignments and participating in process and performance improvement as required.
- Meet and greet the public on a daily basis and use decorum in dealing with delicate or controversial issues or ordinary courtesy in dealing primarily with co-workers.
- Conforms to Adventist Health system and Florida Hospital Flagler policies and procedures including but not limited to: mission, values, corporate compliance, rules of conduct, smoking policy and dress code.
What will you need?
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Must complete basic arrhythmias identification course prior to starting.
- Minimum of one year healthcare certified nursing assistant clinical experience required.
- Must have current BLS through the American Heart Association