Virtual Care Registered Nurse Medical Surgical Full Time Nights $2,500 Sign On Bonus
Full Time - Nights
**Please attach your updated and FULL experience resume to application**
**Please also attach your American Heart Association BLS card to application**
**The Sign On Bonus associated with this position is only eligible for external candidates**
Florida Hospital Heartland
With three campuses serving communities in Sebring, Lake Placid and Wauchula, Florida Hospital is committed to providing premier health care services to the entire Heartland of Florida. Our philosophy of combining advanced medicine with hometown care makes our hospital the community’s first choice for healing.
Since our first hospital opened more than 60 years ago, we’ve steadily grown our facilities and capabilities to meet the growing needs of our community. We offer a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient services and welcome you to learn more about our convenient, cutting-edge care.
The Virtual Care Registered Nurse (VCRN) is responsible for developing the plan of care for the patient and to provide comprehensive care coordination along with supervisory oversight remotely on the inpatient unit. The VCRN will support the patient care delivery model to include a Virtual Care Command Center where the VCRN will manage the care of the patient.
The VCRN will interact with the care team, patients, families, and other health care providers for the purpose of meeting the needs of the patient. The VCRN will assume accountability for patient care outcomes through the assimilation and application of evidenced based research to implement, and evaluate the care plan for the patient in a virtual environment setting.
The VCRN will implement, and evaluate patient care by coordinating, delegating, and supervising the care provided by the care team, including the bedside registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants, and other healthcare professionals. A high degree of professionalism, competence, conscience, confidence, compassion, communication, commitment, and autonomy will be demonstrated in performing the role(s) of the VCRN which includes but is not limited to a clinician, educator, collaborator, as well as a leader.
You will be responsible for:
The performance of this position requires substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied principles of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which include, but not limited to:
- Collaborates virtually with the care team members overseeing the clinical care of the patient.
- Evaluates the physical, psychological, and medical status of patients in a virtual setting by reviewing the clinical dashboard, patient records, obtaining a comprehensive problem-oriented health history and monitoring and evaluating diagnostic studies such as x-rays, labs, EKG, and other test and treatments as medically indicated.
- Evaluate and Interpret available information within the medical record to establish a primary plan of care (IPOC). The plan of care is developed through an interdisciplinary team approach and ongoing patient assessments, and re-evaluation of patient problems or needs.
- Prioritizes clinical data accurately and timely, responding to routine, urgent and emergent patient problems appropriately by demonstrating effective decision-making and following up with the patient/family to ensure that their concerns are resolved.
- Works diligently to prevent patient dilemmas from occurring by: direct observation via virtual technology, surveillance of the clinical dashboard, assuring that there is appropriate prophylactic. strategies for any potential negative outcomes. Document ongoing status information, interventions, patient response and outcomes in an accurate, timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with members of the bedside interdisciplinary team in a collegial manner to provide quality care in a safe manner. Provide courteous and enthusiastic phone communication to the bedside interdisciplinary team members.
- Serves as an advocate on behalf of the patients and their families to ensure needs are met. Prioritizes and effectively handles multiple electronic devices and software applications in a professional and courteous manner to include the ability to manage data.
- Coaches and mentors’ bedside nurses to improve quality and safety of care provided.
- Virtually assesses/reassess the patients and educate the patient and/or family on disease processes, and procedures etc. Use virtual technology to communicate with the patient and bedside interdisciplinary care team members, manage health, mitigate errors, and support decision making for continuity of care of the patient.
- Participates as a member of the Patient Care Delivery Model Team that includes but is not limited to: Virtual Care Registered nurse (VCRN), bedside Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Performs essential duties as outlined in the Registered Nurse (RN) job description.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- BSN or MSN
- Previous healthcare experience
- Previous experience in designated department
- Preceptor level or above
- Basic Telemetry within 12 months of employment or transfer
- ACLS within 12 months of employment or transfer
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current Florida RN License
- BLS – condition of employment